Summer tutoring is the perfect way to avoid “Summer Slide”
I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase, “If you don’t use it, you lose it!” and that’s exactly what Summer Slide is. As a former teacher, I could always tell which students did some practice over the summer months, and which ones did not. Students can loose MONTHS of reading and math skills over the summer if they are not keeping their brains active!
Summer is actually my busiest time of year, believe it or not! Students are out of school, so it’s a great time to take advantage of extended hours of availability.
If you are interested in more information, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, call me @ (512) 766-7881 (please leave a message if I don’t answer), or fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Summer tutoring schedule starts the week of June 5th
Check out my calendar to find a time that works for you!
My hours are 10 am – 12 noon; 1 pm – 7:30 Mon – Fri.
Summers fill up fast, so get a spot saved ASAP!
I’m now offering online tutoring
Easy Interactive white board where the student and I can both write and see what the other is doing.
Both parties can upload documents and pictures to work on together such as math problems, reading pages, writing assignments, etc.
There is an audio and video component so we can talk and see one another during the session.
Ask me for more info if you’re interested in this. I’m happy to conduct a free 15-minute demo!
Don’t think scheduled tutoring will work for you?
Online Math Review – at your own pace
Some of my students don’t NEED tutoring throughout the summer to “get caught up” but it’s always good to keep those brain cells cobweb-free! I designed this online math review course and used it with students last year with great success! It’s made to simply review the past year’s concepts on a weekly basis while getting consistent feedback from me. The beauty of it is, there are no rigid scheduling obligations, and your child can work at his or her own pace throughout the week (although, it should only take 20-30 minutes per assignment).
Here is how it works:
- Each week, your child logs on to the interactive whiteboard to find their 5 to 10 question math review page to complete. No need to download any special programs or apps – it’s all online!
- At a designated time and day each week, I will log on and check their work and give written feedback and corrections I’d like them to make.
- At this time, I’ll also “assign” the next page for them to complete over the following week. – There is no need for us both to be logged on at the same time, making scheduling easy!
- The process then repeats: Student does corrections and work; I review, provide feedback and assign new work. It’s that easy!
- It’s a great way to keep skills fresh throughout the summer months and not fall behind!
- This method allows students to work at their own pace, practice problem-solving skills, and receive constructive feedback on their work.
- I will still communicate with you each week via email to let you know how things are going throughout the summer.
- The cost for this option is $20/week. Invoices are sent via email.
- Scheduling is flexible and some weeks may be skipped throughout the summer.
If you are interested in more information, please email me at email@example.com, call me @ (512) 766-7881 (please leave a message if I don’t answer), or fill out this contact form.